MICHELIN’S BIBENDUM AWARDS: 2019 IMSA MICHELIN PILOT CHALLENGE
To commemorate the inaugural IMSA MICHELIN Pilot Challenge season in 2019, Michelin presents the inaugural Bibendum Awards, to celebrate some special achievements IMSA’s teams and drivers performed this season.
You can vote in three special categories here to highlight the achievements within the 2019 IMSA MICHELIN Pilot Challenge season. Users can vote multiple times, with a refresh of the page allowing for a new vote. The voting period runs from Wednesday, September 25 through Wednesday, October 9.
Checkered Flag Award (Best Late Race Pass of the Year)
Several IMSA MICHELIN Pilot Challenge race finishes went down to the wire this season. You can relive these finishes from IMSA’s Official YouTube channel this year, with commentary from the IMSA Radio team.
Four finishes stood out, and the candidates are:
- Michael Lewis, Remo Ruscitti and Jon Morley’s TCR battle at Mid-Ohio
- Dylan Murry’s overtake on slicks on a drying track at Watkins Glen
- Robin Liddell’s fourth-to-first final lap dash at Road America
- Corey Fergus, Trent Hindman and Kyle Marcelli’s GS battle, and Jon Morley, Stephen Simpson and Mason Filippi’s TCR battle at VIR
What was the best late race pass of the year?
- Liddell's fourth-to-first at Road America (41%)
- Murry's slicks on damp track run at Watkins Glen (36%)
- Three driver apiece battle in GS and TCR at VIR (20%)
- Lewis, Ruscitti and Morley at Mid-Ohio (3%)
Best Livery Award
This was a great looking field for the inaugural IMSA MICHELIN Pilot Challenge season. Some liveries stood out even more than normal throughout the year.
The liveries up for this award include:
- No. 4 Team TGM Mercedes-AMG GT4, Ted Giovanis, Guy Cosmo, GS
- No. 5 KMW Motorsports Alfa Romeo Giulietta, Roy Block Jr., Tim Lewis, TCR
- No. 23 FAST MD Racing Audi RS3 LMS TCR, Nick Galante, James Vance, TCR
- No. 97 Automatic Racing Aston Martin Vantage, primarily Rob Ecklin Jr., Ramin Abdolvahabi (with multiple others), GS
What is your favorite MICHELIN Pilot Challenge livery of 2019?
- No. 5 KMW Motorsports Alfa Romeo Giulietta (30%)
- No. 97 Automatic Racing Aston Martin Vantage (26%)
- No. 4 Team TGM Mercedes-AMG GT4 (23%)
- No. 23 FAST MD Racing Audi RS3 LMS TCR (22%)
Fan Engagement Award
Teams worked to engage fans throughout the IMSA MICHELIN Pilot Challenge season. Some of those who stood out are below:
- No. 33 Winward Racing/HTP Motorsport, Mercedes-AMG GT4, Russell Ward, Indy Dontje (Dominik Baumann at Monterey), GS
- No. 37 L.A. Honda World Racing, Honda Civic Type R, Shelby Blackstock, Tom O’Gorman, TCR
- No. 69 Motorsports In Action (MIA) Racing, McLaren 570S GT4, Jesse Lazare, Corey Fergus, GS
- No. 89 HART Racing Team, Honda Civic Type R, Ryan Eversley, Chad Gilsinger, TCR
What team did the best fan engagement?
- No. 89 HART Racing Team (40%)
- No. 69 Motorsports In Action (MIA) Racing (25%)
- No. 37 L.A. Honda World Racing (25%)
- No. 33 Winward Racing/HTP Motorsport (9%)